Daphtoxkit F magna
Kit inhibición de la movilidad en Daphnia magna
The acute Daphnia magna toxicity test is intended for toxicity screening of chemicals, effluents, surface waters, wastewaters, groundwaters, sediment pore waters and elutriates.
In Daphtoxkit F, you find all necessary materials to perform six acute 24-48h mobility inhibition tests with the freshwater crustacean Daphnia magna. The Daphnia immobilisation test is cost-effective, culture-independent, user-friendly and highly standardised, conform to ISO Standard 6341 and OECD Guideline 202.
The acute toxicity test with Daphnia magna is a 24-48h bioassay based on the immobility of the test organisms, with calculation of the EC50. Learn more about the Daphnia toxicity test procedure
Contents of the Daphtoxkit F
- Tubes with ephippia (dormant eggs), which you can hatch on demand to perform the freshwater Daphnia toxicity test.
- Concentrated hatching and toxicant dilution medium, hatching and test containers and micropipettes for the transfer of the organisms.
- Short Bench Protocol and standard operating procedure brochure with easy-to-follow instructions and detailed illustrations.
- Data scoring sheets and a Quality Control specification sheet with batch number of the ephippia and the media.
- We produce high-quality ephippia in strictly controlled conditions. This way, we preclude variability associated with recruitment/maintenance of live stocks in conventional bioassays.
- The quality of the standardised test medium is highly uniform, thanks to simple dilution of concentrated solutions of selected salts with deionised water.
- A Quality Control test with a reference chemical is described in detail, so you can easily check accuracy and reproducibility.
- You can hatch the ephippia on demand, which eliminates the need and the costs of continuous culturing and maintenance of your test organisms.
- The Daphnia toxicity test requires minimal space and equipment:
- light table
- incubator with lateral lights
- conventional laboratory glassware
- If you store the ephippia properly, you can prolong their shelf life for several months and reduce test scheduling constraints
- Simple handlings and scorings.
- Total performance time of the Daphnia toxicity assay is approximately 1 hour.
- We can provide you with a computer program for easy Toxkit data treatment.
The sensitivity of the daphnids hatched from ephippia is comparable to the sensitivity of Daphnia originating from laboratory cultures.
- The Daphtoxkit F is used in many environmental laboratories and research institutes worldwide and is validated by extensive international interlaboratory comparisons.
- You can find a substantial number of publications, posters, reports and reviews for various uses.
- Our Daphnia toxicity test strictly adheres to the protocols of ISO Standard 6341 and OECD Guideline 202 for regulatory testing with Daphnias.